First of all, if you click through to my blog here you may have noticed a new little red button on my sidebar - Follow Me on Pinterest. Have you heard about Pinterest yet? It's like a virtual bulletin board where you can "pin" images you find on the internet, and categorize them however you want. It's fabulous for collecting and sharing inspiration! You can selectively follow people too - so if you want, you can easily follow my Balboa board but not my Edwardian fashion board, for example. And yes, you can pin YouTube videos!
Secondly, Mr. Tiny over at wacky tacky awarded me the Irresistably Sweet Blog Award! I'm honored to receive the award from someone so talented - not only does he have one of the funniest blogs around, but he also has some amazing creations over at his SouthSideMarket. He also listed me first in his awards, which I like to think means he likes me best. (a girl can dream, right?)
I guess now I'm supposed to tell you 7 little-known facts about myself. Though I feel as if we're all intimate friends already, I guess I can dig way back and find something new to share.
1) I first started playing dress up in Jr. High, going to Renaissance Faires. By high school I was much cooler and found swing dancing. Ha.
2) I marched in the Pasadena New Year's Day Rose Parade 5 times, playing trumpet in a marching band. See above RE: how cool I am.
3) My favorite day of the year is October 1st - to me it represents the start of Harvest and Holiday time. This year we'll be in wine country for a wedding on October 1st, which should be lovely.
4) I love Jack Benny, but I ADORE Gracie Allen.
5) When we go out all dressed up, I play a Look-Alike game: Do I get more "You look like Judy Garland!" comments or does Chris get more "Fred Astaires". I *always* lose.
6) I hate pepper on eggs. Blech.
7) Doing laundry is my favorite household chore. It's like shopping without the expense, and you know that everything already fits.
And now the best part - I get to give this award to other bloggers! Here are just a few of my favorites - go check them out!
By Gum, By Golly! - Tasha is one of the cutest gals around! Check out her wedding this summer and the amazing knit-along she recently led. This girl has serious vintage crafting skills.
Fashionable Forties - Inspired by a 40's wardrobe planning book, Isis shows us how to build a vintage wardrobe.
Lindy Shopper - Laura trolls the internet looking for vintage and retro clothes for swing dancers. Props to her for helping to bring fashion back to the dance floor.
Blitz Diary - Charlotte, the mastermind at Tuppence Ha'penny Vintage, posts the daily daily diary entry from a 19-year-old girl living in London during the Blitz. I'm fascinated by homefront life during the war!
Jazz It Up With Jo - If you only read one Lindy Hop blog, Jo's is the one to pick. She travels the world teaching and performing, and shares her thoughts on local dance scenes and her own dancing.
This Old Life - Nabby does amazing knitwear and hat revamps. Truly inspiring!