Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ain't She Sweet - Vintage Lifestyle Playlist

Jimmie Lunceford is one of my favorite bandleaders - he's the guy responsible for barnburners like "White Heat" and "Lunceford Special". There's a playful quality to his music, and this song is no exception.

"Ain't She Sweet" recorded by Jimmie Lunceford and his Orchestra (1939)


I wasn't joking when I said I like when the band sings, right? In case you weren't sure, according to the record label you should fox-trot to this song.

And just for fun, here's a couple other versions of this song.

"Ain't She Sweet" recorded by Gene Austin (1927)


"Ain't She Sweet" recorded by The Beatles (1961)


Which version is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Beatles. Though I have to say my favorite version of this song is the Lunceford version with Gene Austin coming in a close second! There's something about the feel of those 1920's recordings that is almost magical!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...