Wednesday, March 9, 2011

LA Air Raid of 1942


It seems like a long time ago since the Air Raid happened (really, 1942 was a long time ago!), but I've been hanging onto my measly few pics to share.


Because it's always cold at this event, I asked my mom to knit this Victory scarf for me - isn't it great?

It looks like a simple pattern, but I haven't knitted anything in about 7 years and I didn't feel up to relearning at the moment. (I never did learn how to cast on and off properly!) I asked her to make it a little skinnier than the pattern states, and I think she just used smaller needles instead of redesigning the pattern. That also made the tension tighter, so the V popped a little more. Smart lady!

Muddy shoes! But they kept my feet warm, and now I can try dyeing them like the website suggests. Perhaps mudbrown, so they'll be ready for next year...

I don't have any pictures after the dancing started, cause I was on the floor the whole time! But here's a few links with more pics if you haven't had enough.
The Sky is Falling!
WWII Factory Coveralls
Air Raid Outfit Post
Inspiring Outfits
Gar Travis Photography

5 comments:

  1. brilliant scarf! Love your pin and shoes, too (hopefully you can get the mud off w/out redying, as they're lovely!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I particularly love the airplane pin and the V for Victory scarf! I encourage you to re-learn to knit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same heels(love them) and I've heard that magic eraser works on them- haven't tried it but they're my back up pair for my wedding and I need to get around to getting the scuffs off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Tasha - I do want to learn knitting again, maybe soon. I've been watching your Briar Rose knit-along very jealously! ;)

    (and I might try to clean the stains off the shoes, but I kinda wanted an excuse to dye them!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...