Thursday, December 30, 2010

Regency Gown #2

I've finished the bodice of my dress, which means that the whole thing is nearly done! The skirt is just a couple rectangles gathered into the bodice.

I lined the sleeves with my self fabric, and interlined with organza for extra poof. The right sleeve is misbehaving, I don't think I ironed it as well as the other side.

The bones still need to be cut - turns out the new dremel tool doesn't work on the bones, so we have to go to storage* and get the old dremel tool.
I'm really proud of the eyelets - I have an eyelet footplate attachment for my sewing machine, but they were still a lot of tedious work. I like the lacing much better than buttons though. Hope they hold up!
---------------------------------------------------------

*I'm not a fan of having a storage unit, and I'm hoping we can sell our house quickly so we can cram all that junk back in our closets! ;)

4 comments:


  1. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. my outdoor experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills. All this time later, I've found it love the end result. ""Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - outdoor activitie camping habits outdoor activitie
    "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gown is really beautiful. I get to know a designer. They will like and buy your gown. On this time, you can kill the insects in the inner site through Residential Pest Control in New York. My professionals kill to all one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...