Monday, July 11, 2011

Look Magazine: Swing Issue, September 27, 1938

I've gone on a bit of a magazine collecting spree lately, and here is one of the spoils - the Swing Issue of Look Magazine from 1938. I'll be posting some of the goodies in the days to come - you can learn some new jive-talk and dance moves!

The cuties on the cover are Rita Rio and Bill Furrow. Rita Rio was the bandleader for an all-girl swing band, and went on to have an acting career under the name Dona Drake (Rita Rio is also a stage name, her real name is Eunice Westmoreland!).

Here are a couple of clips of Rita performing - Enjoy!

Rita Rio & Her Orchestra - Feed the Kitty

Rita Rio - My Margarita

5 comments:

  1. MORE! MORE! MORE! What a great find! I want to add to my swing vocabulary, dig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I only promised more because I've already got the posts ready to go - I've learned my lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I agree with wacky tacky. More, please!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cool!
    I love Rita Rio's dress, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...