Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Great White Way

Broadway Melody of 1940 was on TCM the other night, and we turned it on just as my favorite dance scene was starting - the "Italian Cafe Routine". It's not as jaw dropping as the "Begin the Beguine" finale, but I love how this routine is natural and playful. And it doesn't hurt how great their outfits are - Chris and I would wear clothes like this every day if we could!  (He's just crazy for that little bolero - they show off his small waist. ;)


Here's a picture of Fred and Eleanor rehearsing for this movie- I love that Eleanor was a trousers gal.


Now where are my tap shoes?!

2 comments:

  1. I caught the end of that movie the other night...only the Begin the Beguine scene. It was pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog! This clip is wonderful--Eleanor & Fred are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...